Miracles of the Divine
God Is One
Below is the compilation of the famous miracles by the Divine Consciousness.
- Shri Shirdi Sai Baba was very fond of lighting lamps in the Masjid where he lived. One day, the merchants refused to give oil to Sai. Baba came back, kept the dry wicks in the lamps, took the tin pot with contained a few drops of oil, put water into it, and drank it. Sai Baba then forced it to fall into the container. He filled all the lamps with the water from the tin pot and lighted them. The lamps continued to burn all night. The merchants who were watching these activities from a distance were astonished to see the lamps lit during the entire night. They repented for their actions. Such was the miracle of Shri Shirdi Sai Baba!
- One evening, there was a terrible storm at Shirdi, the place where Shri Shirdi Sai Baba lived. There were black clouds, lightning, and rain. The whole place was flooded with water. All animals, birds, and people got frightened and prayed to Baba. Sai Baba then came out and addressed the storm to stop and be calm. In a few minutes, the rain subsided and the storm calmed down. Sai Baba had complete authority and control over the elements of nature.
- When thousands of people were hungry and tired, Jesus asked his disciples to feed the people. The disciples thought it is impossible to feed those many people. They told Jesus that they only have five barley loaves and two small fish. But, Jesus multiplied whatever food they had. The disciples could feed more than 4000 people.
- When Jesus, His mother, and His disciples were invited to the marriage at Cana, the party ran out of wine. Jesus’ mother asked Jesus to help. Jesus said, “What has this to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother told the servants to do as Jesus said. Jesus ordered the servants to fill the stone containers with water. Then, they took some out and gave it to the master of the banquet. The master said, “Everyone brings the fine wine at the start, but you have saved the finest wine for the end.” Jesus had turned water into fine wine.
- When Jesus was going into a village, he met ten men who were suffering from leprosy, a dreadful skin disease. The men stood at a distance and asked Jesus to have pity on them. Jesus told, “Go and let the priests examine you.” On their way, the men realized that they got healed. That was God’s miracle. He is merciful. The words of Lord Jesus had cured all of them.
- Ratanji Wadia, a prosperous trader, had huge sums of money, cattle, land, and horses. He looked very happy but was not so. He was generous and donated food and clothing to the poor and helped others in several ways. But, he had no child. He came to Shirdi and asked Sai Baba for his mercy. Sai Baba blessed him saying that his desires will come true. In due time, he was blessed with a son.