Leadership is an ability of an individual or an organization to influence or guide other individuals, groups, or organizations. Leaders inspire others and bring out the best in them. Organizations, too, focus on inspiring their workforce to encourage innovation and to sustain their productivity. One of the most powerful ingredients for effective leadership is team empowerment. Leaders unlock higher performance through empowerment, rather than control. They target to create more leaders than followers.
Andrew Carnegie, one of the richest American and successful industrialist, said, “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.”
There are several great leadership books available such as:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
You might wonder if there are so many leadership books out there, why did I write another one? The fact is that not everyone has enough time at hand to read elaborate books. Life has become very busy these days. Some of us are managing full-time day jobs along with being a 10% entrepreneur or being a busy parent. I, too, face challenges in blocking my time during the day to read and write books. Most of the books that I read have key takeaways that I want to remember or act upon. I wondered how many more books I can read if all books are short and crisp. This is the reason that I am writing a new leadership series. The first book in this series is Think Big. This book emphasizes to think BIG, know your purpose, set high goals, and become a great leader. It contains concrete methods and practices that you can immediately apply to your life.
Few Leadership Quotes:
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. - John C. Maxwell
- The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. - Ray Kroc
- Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality. - Warren Bennis
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. - Steve Jobs
- Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success. - David J. Schwartz
- If you think you can do a thing, or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
- Leadership is a way of thinking, a way of acting, and, most importantly, a way of communicating. - Simon Sinek