Based on my research on emerging technology trends, the 8 most popular Connected Home Devices are:
- CURB Home Energy Monitoring System: This is the most powerful smart system for visualizing and controlling the real-time energy consumption in your home. It integrates with Samsung’s SmartThings platform to enable direct control of the system via smartphones on the go.
- Ecobee 3 Smart Thermostat: This is a very smart thermostat that delivers the right temperature in the rooms that are occupied based on home's unique energy profile, the weather outside, and many other factors. It works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa on voice commands and even supports Apple HomeKit.
- Amazon Echo: This is a smart hands-free speaker that you can control with your voice. It can connect with Amazon Alexa to play music, make calls, provide information, set alarms and reminders, send and receive messages, and more.
- Amazon Cloud Cam: A smart indoor security camera that works with Alexa and provides 1080p Full HD view to watch the last 24 hours of motion alert video clips for free. Check out the complete specifications on the Amazon product page to understand how this smart device is contributing to home security.
- Philips Hue Smart Light Bulbs: Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit, and Google Assistant, this wireless lighting system can automate your lighting experience such that you can control or schedule your light settings from your smart phone. Detailed product details are available on Amazon product page for your reference.
- August Smart Lock: August Smart Lock is a smart keyless door lock that works with Amazon Alexa and Apple’s HomeKit. With this lock system, you can control and monitor your door from anywhere. It attaches easily to your existing deadbolt so you can use your existing keys anytime. This is yet another smart product that is available to enhance your home security.
- SkyBell HD Bronze WiFi Video Doorbell: Compatible with Alexa, this WiFi video door bell will enable you to monitor your front door and see, hear, and speak with your visitor via your smart phone. You may refer to the full specifications on the Amazon product page for reference.
- Belkin WeMo Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug: With this Wi-Fi enabled smart plug, you can control your lights and appliances from your phone and your voice through Amazon Alexa or Google Home. This sleek plug also works with Nest.
Note: This is not an endorsement of these products. As more devices get popular, I will look to update this list of 8 most popular connected home devices. Do you know of other popular devices for connected homes? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Learn more on connected homes and other emerging technologies with my book, Emerging Technology Trends - Frequently Asked Questions.
- Agile and Lean Methodologies - Same or Different?
- Expert Agile Tips and Techniques
- Scrum and Kanban: Same or Different? Which one is better?
- What are the 12 Agile Principles? Learn, Apply, and Be Agile!
- What is a Sprint Burndown Chart? - Agile Scrum Framework
- Differences between Waterfall and Agile
- 5 Habits that Successful Leaders Have
- 7 Traits of High-Performing People
Check out more books on Amazon: